May 2012 Goal Recap
May was a great month for a lot of reasons, but I didn’t do so hot on my goals. To make this post more cheerful, I added a little list of awesome stuff prior to my goal results.
Stuff that happened, unrelated to goals:
- I saw my family, including my adorable niece and nephew (age 3 and 5)!
- I visited my hometown and ran a half marathon there, somehow setting another personal record.
- I went on a work trip/conference thing in D.C.
- My IR&D project was officially cancelled… then I was asked what type of things I might want to work on next (stretch/growth assignments), and provided with something interesting to work on. Honestly, that isn’t the normal operating procedure at my company – so I was pleasantly surprised!
- I got asked to help out with another interesting part-time project with totally new people, in a yet another stretch assignment (but a much more vague one).
- I fulfilled my dream of camping on the beach at Catalina Island!
Fitness – Run 15-20 miles per a week: No, but not too bad. My weekly mileage was: 18, 16, 13.1, 0 (recovering from race and also hiked 14 miles!), and 8 so far this week. I’ll get up to 15 this week!
Career – Prepare interview prep document: I can hardly believe this happened in the last month. It feels like so long ago! Anyway, yes, I did this. The interview went well, but I won’t find anything out until next month.
Finances/Frugal – Reduce restaurant spending to <$200: We did really well in the middle of the month, but in the first few days and last few days, we totally blew it. It came out at $304. Ick.
Finances/Frugal – Keep clothing spending to <$150: I think, no, but close. I replaced my skinny jeans after I got a hole in my old ones. I got some miracle pants (hiking pants that don’t have a million cargo pockets and are cut basically like normal pants) and a couple low-priced summer sale items.
Finances/Frugal – Reduce hobby spending to <$30: Yes! I did this. I spent about $20 on kindle books that I wanted to read, and nothing else.
Life – Finish 5 books and do a book post: I did read 5 books, but no recap post yet. I still count this as a win, because I’m short on wins this month!
Life – Book some weekend plans with T for the rest of the year: We didn’t do this yet either, but I tried. He’s talking with the people he’ll be working with next year to get some sort of better timeline… then we’ll get the dates written down.