August 2012 Goals
1. Create a real budget and stay within it: For quite some time, we’ve merely tracked our spending without budgeting. At least for this month, I want to really trim spending. I don’t have a budget written down yet, but I’ll post one soon. Basically, I want to reduce spending in all categories: groceries, restaurants, clothes ($o), and “misc”. This actually should be a little easier when we are living apart – less likely to tempt each other into doing something fun and expensive!
2. Run 70 miles: My running plan has me scheduled for even more than this, but I’m not strictly following it. This goal has quite a bit of margin in it! I do want to continue to build up my base and increase my long run distance. I also have speed work in the plan, but… we’ll see. I’m not holding myself too that yet. Although, my next half marathon is getting a lot closer!
3. Go to yoga 8 times, including one free class: This is about twice a week. My Groupon deal continues for about another week. After that, I’ll go to the paid studio1-2 times a week. I’m exploring cheaper classes too!
4. Read 1 book and get to at least 30% on Atlas Shrugged: When a book is that long, I like to read two books at once. I’m going to add something more quick into the reading mix. I have no idea what 30% means, I just know I’m only on about 14% now!
5. Get our Christmas plans nailed down: We are trying to save a little cash by carpooling with my sister-in-law. I would like to get our tickets booked this month.