October Goal Results / September Goals
1. Reduce food spending from August: TBD. I’ll find out once I do my quarterly spending summary. Seeing as how I didn’t track as I went and our vacation food spending was a bit high, this is unlikely.
2. Go to yoga 3 times: Yes!
3. Get presents for September birthdays: Yes! Well… I still have to mail one. I’m such a failure. :/
4. Update spending tracking & net worth: Fail, so far, but I’ll catch up. I think I tracked my spending through about mid September. We haven’t updated our net worth in awhile.
1. PR in my half marathon: This is kind of unlikely, given the hilly course and my mediocre training. I’ve been focused more on building up mileage. However, it is certainly possible!
2. Get to 40% on Atlas Shrugged: I was in a severe non-reading phase for approximately 3 months. Even on planes or poolside, I just wasn’t interested in reading. This feeling has passed, and I want to finish Atlas Shrugged and also get started on some books set in Turkey/Istanbul. Among a million other books on my mental “must read” list.
3. Run 20+ miles each week: I still have a goal of 1,000 miles this year, and I think I’ll make it. I have less than 250 to go!
4. Take non-technical professional development class: I’m already signed up, I just want to give myself credit for this.
5. No new clothes, accessories, or shoes: It’s my birthday so maybe I’ll get something cool anyway. If not, it can wait until November or December. T might pick up a tie for himself if we have time.
6. Update quarterly spending: This just has to be done. I may work on this tonight!
Things have been really hectic, and may continue to be hectic for about 2 more weeks. Both of my two work projects suddenly are busy, I’m ramping up my mileage for marathon training, and we had commitments 4 weekends in a row. (BTW, I’m totally counting a local beer festival as a “commitment”, as it took up my entire Saturday! The other 3 weekends were/are all out of town.) I love that my job, hobbies, and social commitments have been engaging, but I’m also looking forward to a quiet weekend at home in a couple of weeks. :)