December Goal Results, Net Worth, and January Goals
Last Net Worth of 2008
I tallied up my net worth, and it rebounded to nearly $25k, almost back to its August peak. I don’t take any credit for it, it is mainly due to the stock market not completely sucking (S&P was up ever so slightly for the month). For 2008, I increased from $13,059 to $24,718. Not as much as I would have hoped, but given the stock market’s huge drop, I’m not complaining.
I’m not going to detail my December goals, as they were basically just living life. I did save $650 in my efund, finish my school stuff, buy all my Christmas presents (very last minute!) and visit my family/friends. I coasted through December, spending an absurd (to me) amount on eating out, personal care, and gifts but very little on gas/grocery.
- Stay on top of school from Day 1 – My biggest weakness last quarter was always feeling behind/disorganized. Part of it was because I started on course 2 weeks after it started, but more of it was just lack of organization. So. I’m going to get organized this quarter!
- Stay on budget (and post new budget) – My new budget involves a lot more savings subcategories, after months of focusing on the Efund. Spending categories are about the same.
- Cook 2+ new things – December was a horrible food month. I ate out a lot and cooked very little. I should have more time this month to get back into cooking.
- Run 3 times a week – I didn’t run at all while at home. I was too scared of the cold weather. Time to get back on the ball!
- Take daily vitamins – Either a basic multivitamin, or at least, some iron. I tried to donate blood and was too low on iron to qualify. I’m a little nervous about vitamins though (no federal regulations). Does anyone have any thoughts on this?