My overall goal for clothing this year was to not spend more than $100/month average. Primarily due to the last two months, I only have $26 left in the year in order to meet that goal. Yikes!
Luckily, I have all the shoes I need (all in good condition) except running shoes, which I count as a “fitness” purchase. Here is what I consider my wardrobe holes right now.
- 1 thick black belt
- 1 thick brown belt
- 1 skinny brown belt (for work pants)
- 1-2 more trendy necklaces
- 1-2 pairs of more trendy earings
- 1 thick dark brown or cream cardigan
- 1 short sleeve button up work shirt (or other work shirt, but I would love to find a button up that fits well)
- 1 long sleeve button up work short (or other work short)
- 1 more dress for going out (maybe. . .)
- 1 more winter work skirt
- 1 pair of black tights
Obviously I can’t get that all for $24. I’ve bolded the items that I’m going to carefully select October – December, and perhaps the rest will go on a Christmas list and/or wait for the new year. I’m focusing on accessories, since I don’t properly utilize them. I got this really great t-shirt dress last month (on sale since, uh, summer is over), and if I accessorize it right, it will definitely make it out this fall and winter.
PS – Always the Planner has a really similar post. We must be on the same wavelength! Fall = shopping!