Eyes on the Prize
That is all I can think about lately!
When I’m miserable, I’m also mentally coming up with a list of things I am looking forward to doing when i’m done.
- Ice skating outdoors somewhere in LA area.
- Wine bar happy hour near our apartment
- Ugly Sweater Party (in which I am plotting to look not ugly, but still go with the spirit — I’m thinking over sized sweater fashioned into a dress. It might go about as well as my duct tape Halloween costume idea, but I’m going to try!)
- Flying back to the Midwest to see the family!!!
- Looking at cakes and stuff to appease T’s mom (they are tasting cake in his home town for the midwest reception, apparently.)
- Christmas shopping
- Holiday baking (?)
- Doing something really nice for my amazingly supportive T!
- Running a 5K? Maybe. Or a hike. Something.
Between now and then I have plenty of work, but I’ve reached a somewhat zen state and accepted my projects are going to be however good they are going to be and it really isn’t going to impact my life in a significant way. (Somewhat zen. Not very zen at all, if you were to ask T‘s opinion!)