2009 Goal Review
I rearranged my monies late last month in order to meet my goals. For example, why did I have $300 extra in my efund and $1400 in my car fund, yet be $200 short on another goal? Seemed silly! So, note my full progress bars!
I have $16k in my Efund, $5k saved/spent for the wedding from my pocket, $1.5k in my “Long Term Travel” fund, and $1000 in my poor car fund — all my financial goals are met. I also killed my contribute 10% to my 401k goal — my salary increased by more than 10% last year and much of that went to increased 401k contributions.
I didn’t meet all my personal/fun goals, but I made some great progress. I made my “fun” plans too detailed, and plans changed. I present the rest of my goal copied below. Look out for new 2010 goals soon!
- Contribute 10% in 40k (up from 8%) Exceeded!
- Max Out Roth IRA DONE
- Move Roth IRA to vanguard Didn’t do this!
2009 Savings (see sidebars for current status)
- Save/Use $5000 towards wedding/honeymoon (added May 2009) DONE
- Start “Long Term Travel Fund” and get balance to $1500 DONE
- Efund up to $16k by end of year DONE!
- Increase Student Loan Account to $2400 (start of year: $1400) DONE
- Continue towards M.S. taking 4 classes and getting A/A- DONE! Took 5 classes and finished!
- Be proactive about job/career. Specifically:
- Talk to manager about career goals and ask to look for new assignments Done!
- Get my job classification changed == raise DONE!
- Take part in one of those (stupid) work involvement groups Didn’t bother
- Camping on Catalina No
- Big Sur (summer vacation?) No, but did Rae Lakes Loop!
- Sespe Wilderness area No
- Do a 5k, for real Not a race, but I certainly run 5k regularly.
- Visit friend in Portland before she moves back to the Midwest Done!
- Mt. Baldy No, but did San Gorgonio
- Move to new apartment Done!
- Mt. Lukens Done!
- Keep monthly clothing spending under $100/mo average FAIL!
- Try out ocean kayaking No
- Take a morning yoga class on the beach No, but did boot camp in the morning at beach!