May 2010 Goals
I don’t have any recent goals to recap as usual, but I do want to note two really major things we finally did accomplish
1. Got married! Had a small, beautiful wedding that didn’t stress me out TOO much. Can not wait to see the professional photos!
2. Saved for retirement! After months of “reminding” him, T maxed his IRA for 2009. Probably on like April 14th, but he did it, so I’m proud! Once I get a better sense of our cashflow as a couple, we’ll figure out the best way to contribute for 2010. But we will be maxing it again this year. Hopefully not on April 14th, 2011!
It is hard to top that, but here are my goals for this month.
1. Make a decision about the destination/length of our fall honeymoon
That means I need to discuss with my manager about 2 days of unpaid leave this fall, and gauge how he reacts to the idea. I don’t want to make a habit of this, but this year is an exception with me getting married. I have a feeling he will be sympathetic, but the conversation should be had ASAP. If I don’t get a nod of approval, I’ll start getting other plans lined up. (Machu Pichu has been discussed!) Then we have to start saving for it all!
2. Buy plane tickets to the Midwest for the reception
On that note, it’ll have to be a short trip back since I’ll want to use flex time. I’m thinking just Friday-Sunday. Plane tickets now are over $400 each for the dates I’m looking.
3. Review my official and non-official work goals
An ongoing (and annoying) task is wrapping up this month and I need to speak up about some things I’d like to stay/get involved in this year.
4. Plan a backpacking trip for the long weekend (or a different weekend)
Our tent misses us!
5. No new clothes This is kind of painful to type because I’m dying for a cute new top and I found some really cute dresses for <$40. But they can wait until June.
I think that is enough for May. I’m reveling in the first month that I have neither wedding planning nor graduate school to stress me out!