May 2010 Goal and Net Worth Review
1. Make a decision about the destination/length of our fall honeymoon
Yes. We decided to keep it shorter and cut out the Venice portion. But just last night, we changed our minds again. This means I haven’t talked to my manager about a day or 2 of unpaid leave, but I am pretty sure it will not be a problem.
2. Buy plane tickets to the Midwest for the reception
Yes, for $40o! I also took care of tickets/lodging for the fall wedding we are going to.
3. Review my official and non-official work goals
A couple new tasks have popped up and I think they have some long term potential. They are also part of one of the main focuses of the team, so it is important work with decent visibility.
4. Plan a backpacking trip for the long weekend (or a different weekend)
Yes! We are leaving tomorrow! I also sketched out two other backpacking trips for the summer.
5. No new clothes It was time to replace my black work shoes, so I did. Fail.
Net Worth: $67,335
Retirement fell due to the markets, despite my diligent savings. Most of my cash savings is going in my travel fund, which I consider “short term savings” and don’t count in my net worth. Cash holdings fell for a similar reason – I moved money into short term savings accounts
Have a great holiday weekend!