June 2010 Goal Results & Net Worth
Something went wrong this month. I was attacked with low energy and general June Gloom for the last 2 weeks or so. It seems to be improving now. I’ve been taking iron supplements (I figured this was the most likely cause since I have been rejected from blood donation at least twice due to low iron) and trying to eat a lot of veggies.
Onto July! But first, a quick review.
1. Run 80 miles and strength train 2 times each week. :::sigh:::: This totally fell apart. I did run my first 10k though!
2. Keep my share of eating out to under $75. Hmm, forgot about this one! It is at $86, which is better than last month.
3. No new clothes. Fail. But it was very minimal. I got one cheap top for going out and a low cost button up short sleeve shirt. Also cheap, but both are very cute. Less than $25 here. I spent more in this category because I brought some pants in for dry cleaning.
4. Update blog with finance related topics 2 times each week. Finance related might be a stretch, but otherwise, YES!
5. Get my name changed at all my financial institutions. Yes! Ok, I haven’t done my main bank, but I will before the month is over. I sent in the rest of the requests, I’m not sure they have all made the updates yet.
6. Finish thank you notes. YES!
7. Book Honeymoon flights. Yes!!!!!!!!!! So thrilled!
I can never seem to figure out what is going on with my cash accounts – in theory they should stay flat since I don’t count my “short term savings” for travel, insurance, etc. But they have been all over the place! I need to investigate.Anyway, as of yesterday, I was at $67,394, but that didn’t take into yesterday’s stock market drop. I’ll do a final update tonight!
It feels like my networth has been bouncing around here for quite some time, despite my diligent retirement savings. Frustrating!