July 2010 Goals
1. Run. RUN! I think 15 miles a week is my hope, but my actual goal is to find a new plan that works, 3x a week or more.
2. Celebrate our marriage with all of T’s relatives and hometown friends in the Midwest! This is a freebie, but, yay!
3. Summit 9 mountains. Ha! We are doing this as a backpacking trip. We have another trip planned at the end of the month, but I’m not sure it summits a mountain. More alpine lake type of trip.
4. Rock at work. It’s a big month. I have to give a short presentation as part of a customer visit. The topic is this tediously lame task I worked hard on (tediously) for a long time. So I’m not super thrilled on the topic and don’t even know if I can fill 15 minutes with useful and non-boring info. But I’ll try my best. And, hey, visibility! Plus, there is a bunch of other stuff going on – it’s crunch time.
5. Budget for clothing purchases. I think I’m going to finally buy a nicer work suit (see above), and I’m still dying for a summer dress and a brown handbag. <— That sentence right there costs about $400… So we’ll see. I need to think about it.
6. Discuss promotion at work. This is part of my yearly goal to advocate for a promotion. I think my manager knows I’m hoping/expecting one, but… I need to bring it up and back up my request.
7. Update resume. Just for good measure. I haven’t touched it for about a year.
8. Come in on budget. This would be fabulous. I should create my July budget. I keep fussing with my 401k numbers. It is SO hard to decide how much is appropriate. With my salary, maxing it should be no problem, except it is a very expensive year!