June 2011 Goals
I’m not exactly sure what I want to do with this month.
I asked if someone would make some goals for me, but Add Vodka only gave me one: make some June goals! Ha. My main three focuses this month are fitness, career, and reading. The first two are pretty typical for me, but reading only recently has become a favorite hobby again.
- Run 4 x a week (2 times this week only)
- Attend 4 yoga classes (with my Groupon)
- Strength train of some sort 4 x a week (2 times this week). I’d really like to be doing this more often, but it is something I have a really hard time making myself do.
- Share at least 2 healthy recipes on blog.
The big picture of this doesn’t fit nicely into a little list. Basically, things have suddenly gotten quite awesome at work in a variety of ways, and I need to keep working hard to impress people and show my capabilities. That is really the most important part. In addition to my real To Do list & responsibilities at work, I want to:
- Ask about mentoring opportunity. I was invited to a random meeting last week, a small focus group on improving the way we work. It was hosted by the highest ranked female in all of the Southern California (at as far as I understand it at least… on one side of our parallel convoluted org charts). Afterward, the admin assistant encouraged me to ask about joining one of her mentor groups. I hope this works out! There have been so few female role models in my career, and this would be a really great opportunity.
- Attend 2 lunch time seminars (already signed up for)
- Get lunch with helpful coworker. He’s nice, he has family in my home state, and he’s very willing to chat about career development stuff.
- Finish the 3 books I’m in the middle of. The only one I’ll have trouble with is the one I’ve been in the middle of for 3 months!
- Find a new book, maybe on set in russia or norway to get inspired!
- Attend book club
Finances: Because this is allegedly a pf blog…
- Redo 2011 goals, now that we have a really good idea of what is going to happen through at least December
- Pack lunch at least 3 times a week to get back in the habit
To Do List: easy stuff that I don’t want to forget
- Pick up boots at repair shop
- Buy mother’s & father’s day presents to bring home with me
- Take some photos of Venice Beach for my mom
- Send father’s day cards (on time!)
- Dentist appointments for T and I
- Finish booking tickets & lodging for August vacation
- Organize a backpacking or camping trip with friends