Summer Wrap-up & September Goals
I was on vacation for over two (heavenly!) weeks in August and the rest of the month was so busy I didn’t set goals. I never did a wrap-up of my July goals, but I actually did pretty well on them. You’ll just have to trust me on that.
I had a really amazing summer (especially August!), but it is time to put my head back in the game and dedicate more focus to my career & goals. I’m all about work-life balance, but man, the “life” part has really been huge (and wonderful!) lately. I’m feeling a little worried that I’m not showing enough dedication for my job – but I am ready to get back to business and back to excelling. Obviously I have several specific work goals/projects, but this blog is not the place for them. Let’s just say that I want to have a good month at work, and that is my number 1 priority this month.
But, here are my other goals!
- Activate yoga Groupon & use minimum of 2 times
- Schedule boot camp Groupon (I’m hoping for November for this)
- Run 40 miles
- Hike Half Dome (!!!!!) This is all planned. Weather permitting, it’s a go and I’m am SO excited
- Buy work lunch < 1 time per a week
- Evaluate current status & year end goals
- Get a promotion and raise (I barely want to talk about this, but if this doesn’t happen, I might explode. My manager is on it, but it might take longer. God, I hope not.)
- Start looking at Christmas flights
- Read 4 books, including one development book. I’d put attend book club on here, but I can’t seem to get the book in hand. Next month, promise!
- Send family birthday presents & cards ON TIME
- Schedule dentist appointment, mani/pedi, and eyebrow wax
- Donate books & clothes to Goodwill
- Buy a reading lamp that mounts on the wall
I think this is enough for the month. I’m still half catching my breath from the whirlwind of amazingness the last month and a half has been. Vacation, vacation, wedding, mt whitney, summer!