October 2011 Goals
I have no clear focus this month. I have a lot of things I want/need to do, but they are all over the place. We’ll see how this goes!
Finances – because this is a finance blog, right?
- Maximum of one work lunch out a week: I would like to see this lower, but I slip up a lot. Extra credit if it is less!
- Reduce restaurant spending: This is an interesting goal, as I’m writing it on the 7th and we already have spent a fair amount because we participated in DineLA. But I think we can do this.
- Complete year-end financial projections: I’ve been saying this since about June, haven’t I? I honestly don’t think I’ll do it, but I should. So I’ll list it.
- Run two 10k races
- Run average of 20 miles a week (exceptions if we go on a backpacking trip one weekend)
- Do a long run of at least 13 miles
- Do at least one run with a local group: there are several options nearby, no reason not to give it a shot!
- Backpacking trip! This is mostly planned and is an easier one, but I’ll still get to chill in the mountains for a couple days.
- Try out rockclimbing
- Use my lunch hour plan: I want to write a post about exactly what this is, but it is also fairly obvious. I work through lunch probably 50% of the time (because I get in later and don’t want to stay too late or because I’m just busy), and I think that is ok. But I want my lunch hour to be used intentionally, every day.
- Speak with mentor #2 about plans for the next several months: I have an official lead, and someone else who is in charge of some of my work. I want to stay involved in his stuff, but I’m not clear what the plan is. Having a conversation is a good start, right?
- Attend volunteer event & follow up with other place: I’m trying to get involved in a longer term relationship with a non-profit, and I might be doing something with them this month. It has been slow going so far. Still, I have a one off volunteer event I’m going to help with, either way.
- Return sweater
- Find a dentist that will take my stupid insurance – why is this so hard?
- Hair appointment, manicure, eye brows (trying to stay professional looking here)
- Book Christmas tickets
- Attend baby shower w/gift
- Attend book club
- Finish Halloween costume
- Read 4 books