In general, the month was a failure. I didn’t do that well on my goals. For the first time in several months, I didn’t track my spending. I didn’t blog for nearly 2 weeks and I didn’t feel like doing ANYTHING for over a week in there.
On the positive stuff, some stuff got done, I didn’t spend much/anything on clothes, and I made some really delicious food. I made it through a big push of a long task at work (only to get another one!), and I made time to talk to some interesting people on the job.
Here’s how I did on my goals.
- Maximum of one work lunch out a week: Fail, at least last week. First 2 weeks were good.
- Reduce restaurant spending: Fail, and also, did not track!
- Complete year-end financial projections: Fail. Ug.
- Run two 10k races
- Run average of 20 miles a week – I got in 60 miles, so I’ll call this good, even though I had 5 weekends to do it. I spent one weekend backpacking
- Do a long run of at least 13 miles Fail. Only made it to 10.
- Do at least one run with a local group: I was all set to do this yesterday, but T didn’t know I needed the car and was washing it. Ug!
- Backpacking trip! Yes!
- Try out rockclimbing – Yes! fun!
- Use my lunch hour plan: No, not really, except for the first week.
- Speak with mentor #2 about plans for the next several months: I didn’t do this. Maybe today? He was out for a week, but that isn’t a good excuse
- Attend volunteer event & follow up with other place: Yes! The second place is not being responsive, so I might have to move onto something else.
- Return sweater
- Find a dentist that will take my stupid insurance – why is this so hard?
- Hair appointment, manicure, eye brows (trying to stay professional looking here)
- Book Christmas tickets
- Attend baby shower w/gift
- Attend book club
- Finish Halloween costume
- Read 4 books