January came and went, and though I certainly had goals and ambitious, I didn’t post anything. So, here is February. It’s a short month, so I have to be on top of this! My main focus is work stuff. I’m getting up to speed on my new role while trying to gracefully leave the old stuff behind. But I don’t have a specific month-long goal there, so I’ll just talk about the other stuff.
1. Run! My schedule has something crazy, like 180 miles this month. (That would be the highest mileage month of my life.) I’m so tired of running taking up so much of my free time – but I love the way it feels to be able to run for hours. I am keeping an ever growing list of things I want to do once I’m done with the marathon! I’m also doing a half, but I think my best shot for a PR is going to be post-marathon.
- Run 180 miles (or as close as I can)
- PR in the half marathon (a girl can dream)
- Try running with my neighbor at least once – she’s faster than me, but seems to be open
2. Save! I’m on a shopping ban, so that should help. I just need to be more careful about eating out and impulse purchase groceries. Plus, bonus time is this month!
- Track all spending
- Continue shopping ban
- Spend a number I’m not too embarrassed to post about on food!
3. Plan Vacations. I have an inkling of ideas of the travels for the year, but I need to firm up the plans a little. Some of it is dependent on T’s job timeline, but other things, not so much. Also, I just realized I now get 2 more days of vacation than I did last year. Minuscule, but I’ll take it!
- Plan memorial day weekend Catalina camping trip – I usually don’t think of this until the sites are all booked!
- At least get a list of things we want to do in Alaska down and start an itinerary/budget
- Mark dates we need to get backpacking permits on my google calendar