October Goal Results
October was a weird combination of awesome and awful. There was a lot of fun stuff going on, but with so many weekend commitments in September and early October, I got totally burned out and sick. After spending about two weekends in total hibernation mode with my husband, I’m finally feeling back to normal.
As far as goals go, it was a successful month! Sure, they were kind of easy goals, but they were what was important to me outside of work. Work itself was stressful for a variety of reasons. Yet another project of mine is “on hold”, and I look back at the year and wonder if moving programs was a good move. I’m much happier in my new job and have learned a lot (two points for “yes!”), but I can’t see how it all will lead to some “next step” in my career (one point for “maybe not”).
Here are the goal results
1. PR in my half marathon: Yes! Even with all the hills, I cut about 1 minute off.
2. Get to 40% on Atlas Shrugged: Wow, I killed this one. I’m above 70% now and should wrap up this month.
3. Run 20+ miles each week: No. I was sick for a few days and totally worn down after my half marathon, and only ran 11 that week. I’m still happy with the month of running though!
4. Take non-technical professional development class: Yes! Half of it was interesting, half of it was annoying.
5. No new clothes, accessories, or shoes: Win! I’ve made this goal more than once, but I honestly don’t think I’ve followed ONCE in the past few years.
6. Update quarterly spending: Yes! Posted!