November 2012 Goals
1. Start Marathon Training Plan! I haven’t registered yet, because I’m worried I’m going to put too much on my plate this spring. But I want to start training and see how it goes. I did sign up for a half marathon in December with my friend!
2. Finish the 2 books I’m in the middle of (and start another) I wish I could read faster. And I’m a fast reader!
3. Make progress on CodeAcademy Java (goal to complete by end of December) I can do basic programing (C, MATLAB mainly), but I’ve never used Java before. I want to learn the syntax and how to work with an object orientated language. (I have minimal experience with SystemVerilog, , but it has been awhile.) For my job, MATLAB and Excel are sufficient, but I want to expand my knowledge. I also want to take a Coursera class on networking in January, and Java skills are recommended.
4. Take pictures in Venice Beach: This is something my mom asked me to do about a million years ago. I’m a horrible daughter.
5. Take next (non-technical) professional development class
6. Track all spending: Per usual.
7. Limit clothing purchases to things I already bought + 1-2 cheap t-shirts and 1 work shirt: I discovered my favorite thing to wear on weekends are t-shirts that are boring and comfy. I also could use 1 new work top. It is 11/3 and I already bought a couple things that are needed for work events. I have a birthday coupon from BR, and plan to buy a fresh top.
non-technical professional development class