November was a great month, but it ended up being very very busy. I didn’t get much done on my weekends, and each work week was packed to the max. Somehow even the 4 day holiday didn’t leave me with extra time!
I didn’t do great on my goals this month, so some will be pushed to next month.
1. Start Marathon Training Plan! I did, but then my friend said she couldn’t do L.A. Marathon, so we picked one a few weeks later. Thus, I am starting the plan next week!
2. Finish the 2 books I’m in the middle of (and start another) I finished two books, so I’ll give myself a pass. However, I only finished one that I was in the middle of when the month started. I’m still working on Atlas Shrugged. It isn’t that it is slow or boring, it is just of an epic length! I’m at about 80%.
3. Make progress on CodeAcademy Java (goal to complete by end of December) Hmmm… My weekends were crazy busy and I made no progress. Perhaps next month?
4. Take pictures in Venice Beach: Oh shoot. I completely spaced on this one. I’ll do this the next sunny weekend.
5. Take next (non-technical) professional development class. Done! The next one starts in December, but I think I’m going to pass on it.
6. Track all spending: No, but I will have to reconcile it retroactively. It will just be a pain… but it has to be done.
7. Limit clothing purchases to things I already bought + 1-2 cheap t-shirts and 1 work shirt: Fail, but only a little. I bought an additional black cardigan. I also ordered and tried on a few other things, but I didn’t love any of them, so I sent them back.